Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Piano

      The other night I was thinking of ways to record on my piano. I'd been having trouble with my microphone since all I had was my eleven-year-old iBook mic, and suddenly I wondered what the quality of my phone microphone was since I'd heard what recorded voices messages were like, also knowing that the phone had a built in sound check and edit which removed buzz and cut down loud sound.
      Of course, phones don't just have a recording setting. However, as we all know, if you call someone and they're busy you can leave a message. So I called my gmail voice account, turned the phone on "speaker" so it would take in all the sound in the area, and started playing the piano. I just put my hands on the keys and followed any particular pattern of notes that came into my head, so there's true no tune, and since it's an improvisation I won't be able to play the song again in the future, but you can listen to it here from my google voice account.

No comments:

Post a Comment