Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Clock Hands

      This is an experimental song I wrote using GarageBand.
      Sound effects, such as the clock ticking, I downloaded off either SoundSnap.com or Freesound.org, and the rest I created using synthesizers in GarageBand with the notation feature. The alarm clock sound at the end was recorded by me, and it's the very same noise that bothers me every morning (when I remember to turn it on).

      Click "Read More" to see the YouTube video that will play the song.






4 comments:

  1. Just as a note, for the best listening experience, use headphones, as a lot of the sounds are three-dimensional and come into different ears. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool song. It's nice and eerie and the sound effects are great. I think has one flaw though: it has no clear melody line at any point in the song. It wouldn't have to be much. Just one synthesizer coming onj louder than the rest.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that REALLY sounds like Batman music. LOL About at 1:25 seconds it is really eerie and cool--love that effect. Great work with sounds effects in general, but I would agree with James about their not being any clear melody. I think if the bass (or whatever that thing is called) went to a tune, it would be better. ;D
    Ugh! You have one of THOSE alarm clocks. I hate those things. :P

    ANyway, can't wait for more!

    --Dalu--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I definitely see what you're saying about melody; I listen to it over and over again, and then one thing that stood out the most among the other problems was the lack of a clear melody. Every time I listen to the song I think it's going to change, but then there's just the bass going on for a long time, and then the alarm sounds and I wake up. An actual tune would build a bridge across the bass, strengthen supports, and lead it to the finish.
    So, hopefully I'll add a little more to it soon and re-release it here. :D
    Thanks for your comments!

    -- Coyle

    ReplyDelete