Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Journal

              A girl
              writes
her own story.
             She adds
       the date
            to
       the page,
but it changes
              when
             she looks away.

Someone wishes
                to
              gain
     her attention.

             Thinking
              she made
a mistake,
           she erases,
   and rewrites
          the
         marker
      of the day.

        But
        it turns
          and
changes
        once again.

     No matter
     how hard
she tries,
             her pen
       will
    not
forget.

3 comments:

  1. Time for a famed Dalu Interpretation! Now, I'm guessing this girl is trying to write her future, but however hard she tries, it is never what she plans it to be within herself; thus showing the Divine Hand that has moulded history before time began. I'm wrong, right? :P LOL Well, again, I tried! Another good one, chap!

    --Dalu--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalu,

    LOL! Great interpretation! However, it isn't quite correct, even though it's wonderful. :)
    The poem was actually just supposed to be an abstract tale, and everything in it was not so much figurative, but supposed to be part of the story; for instance, the date she writes is ACTUALLY changing without her wish. :D Also, the whole thing was originally a story I was writing; I just didn't like what I had done with it, and, having never shown it to anyone, I put it in the form of a poem and posted it here! :D



    -- Coyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben,
    I knew it! My interpretations are never correct. :P LOL! Oh, I see! So no hyperbole: actual "reality" for your tale, eh? Well, sounds like it would be an interesting story outside of the poem. You ought to try to revive it a bit! ;)

    --Dalu--

    ReplyDelete