Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spider




 I drew this with Alchemy, a free open-source program that uses vector graphics and an arsenal of awesome tools.  It also has no undo-button. :D It does, however, have a setting that will automatically save for you, so you never have to worry about loosing the original copy of something and can look at how the work progressed through the drawing process. The first of these two pictures is the first save file; I scribbled it in around two minutes, and from there produced the second image in something close to half an hour. Alchemy never fails to amaze me at the speed I am able to make something in, even if it comes out looking sloppy; however, that is the point of the program, as it's designed to make concept art, and thus the work isn't really supposed to look extremely polished.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Another t-shirt graphic, chap! TWO MINUTES?? Alchemy must be extraordinary! This is very concept-art-ish--looks like a piece of a storyboard for some digital flick about a spider. :P XD Great job! Ye should do more of these things!

    --Dalu--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dalu,
      Thanks! LOL, I still haven't seen any t-shirts like this or the last one. :P XD
      Yeah! Alchemy is a must! You wouldn't necessarily need to have a Wacom Pad to use it if you ever wanted to give it a try. :D
      LOL, or (once again) something from the Legend of Zelda. 'Course, the ones from LoZ have skulls on the back, not an hourglass. :D
      One never knows! I'm still trying to perfect Alchemy, so another might come soon if I feel like sitting down and trying my hand at it again. :)


      --Coyle

      Delete
    2. Yeah, nice spider, old boy. I didn't think you could be that precise with Alchemy, but you seem to have managed it well.

      --
      J.H.

      Delete
  2. James,
    LOL, well, my canvas size was as big as my mom's computer screen (which is what the canvas was, LOL) so it was actually a large drawing. Using other brushes does help, however; some of them are just kinda crazy and random. :D

    ReplyDelete